On this COVID-19 page, we will keep our local businesses updated on all recent developments and news, including links to Government and NHS guidance.
- Government Guidance Documents
- Government Guidance for Businesses & Employers
- Government Guidance for Employees
- Government Bounce Back Loans
- Relief on Business Rates
- Business Interruption Insurance
- Coronavirus Interruption Loan Scheme (CBILS)
- ACAS Advice
- ACAS Guidance on Short-Time Working and Layoffs
- Support from London Growth Hub
- COVID-19: Business & Staff Security from The National Business Crime Centre
- Extra Protection for Businesses: Ban on Eviction for Commercial Tenants
- Pubs and Breweries: Takeaway Sales
- Wandsworth Council Business Rates Grants
- COVID-19 Self-employment Income Support Scheme
- Risk assessments and social distancing advice for retailers
- Reopen your business safely during coronavirus (COVID‑19)
- Risk Assessment Template from Environmental Health Wandsworth Council Read here...
- Updates from NHS
- Full guidance on staying at home and away from others
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): what you need to do
CLAPHAM JUNCTION UPDATE: 23/09/20
The Government has outlined further measures in England to tackle the spread of coronavirus.
From today (Wednesday 23 September), office workers who are able to work from home should do so and the requirement for customers to wear face coverings will be extended to all users of taxis and private hire vehicles.
From Thursday 24 September measures include the following:
- pubs, bars and restaurants must operate table-service only, except for takeaways;
- hospitality venues must close at 10pm (which means closing, not last orders). The same will apply to takeaways, although deliveries can continue;
- the requirement to wear face coverings will be extended to include retail staff and staff and customers in indoor hospitality, except when seated at a table to eat or drink; and
- Covid-secure guidelines will become legal obligations in retail, leisure, tourism and other sectors.
The Prime Minister’s statement can be found here.
CLAPHAM JUNCTION UPDATE: 10/09/20
On Wednesday 9th September, the Prime Minister set out new measures to restrict the spread of Coronavirus. The PM's statement can be found here: https://bit.ly/32epCQZ
The new measures include the following:
From Monday 14 September it will not be possible to meet with people from other households socially in groups of more than six. This will apply indoors and outdoors, including in private homes. Education and work settings are unaffected.
Businesses will have a clear duty to support NHS Test and Trace. From Friday 18 September, it will be mandatory for certain businesses to have a system to collect NHS Test and Trace data, which must be kept for 21 days.
More information about the measures is available at: https://bit.ly/3k178cN This also provides a link to simplified COVID-19 Secure guidance published today. A video - Hands Face Space - can meanwhile be seen at: https://bit.ly/2DHZBjB
CLAPHAM JUNCTION UPDATE: 23/06/20
Today, the Government announced further easing of lockdown restrictions and announced that pubs, restaurants and hairdressers will be able to reopen on 4th July. Guidance and support to help you open your business safely during COVID-19 can be found here...
The Government Cabinet Office has since issued additional safety advice and pertinent links for businesses.
CLAPHAM JUNCTION UPDATE: 2/06/20
The Government has issued a new code of practice with the commercial sector to boost the High Street. Please click here for further details.
In addition, the Government has issued guidance on how to complete risk assessments to help those businesses who are preparing to re-open. Please click here for further details.
CLAPHAM JUNCTION UPDATE: 12/05/20
The Chancellor announced today that the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme will be extended until the end of October 2020. Please click here further details.
CLAPHAM JUNCTION UPDATE: 12/05/20
Over the last 24 hours, the Government has released a number of documents detailing the three-step recovery plan. The step one measures apply from tomorrow (13 May). Step two will start on Monday 1 June, or later. And step three will start on Saturday 4 July or later. The comprehensive 60-page recovery strategy can be found here.
CLAPHAM JUNCTION UPDATE: 07/05/20
This is a reminder of the scheme the Government has launched (recently updated) to help small and medium-sized businesses to borrow between £2,000 and up to 25% of their turnover. The maximum loan available is £50,000. For full details, visit GOV.UK here.
CLAPHAM JUNCTION UPDATE: 27/03/20
Last night, the Government unveiled plans to support the self-employed during the COVID-19 crisis. For full details, visit GOV.UK here.
CLAPHAM JUNCTION UPDATE: 26/03/20
Wandsworth Council has, today, updated its website with online access to all the relevant the COVID-19 grant forms which you can access here.
CLAPHAM JUNCTION UPDATE: 24/03/20
- For the most recent advice regarding COVID-19: Business & Staff Security from The National Business Crime Centre, click here.
- Today, the Government will send out text messages to the UK population titled 'Coronavirus (COVID-19): what you need to do'. If you do not have a mobile, the information can be found here.
CLAPHAM JUNCTION UPDATE: 23/03/20
Following the Government's latest announcement, please note that, with immediate effect, the following businesses and public services have been told to close:
- All shops selling non-essential goods, including clothing and electronic stores
- Outdoor gyms
- Places of worship
Full details of the latest guidance from the Government can be found here.
CLAPHAM JUNCTION UPDATE: 20/03/20
The Government has instructed cafes, pubs and restaurants to close from Friday night - except for take-away food - to tackle coronavirus.
All UK's nightclubs, theatres, cinemas, gyms and leisure centres have also been told to close as soon as they reasonably can.
CLAPHAM JUNCTION UPDATE: 19/03/20
In light of the evolving COVID-19 pandemic some businesses, based in Clapham Junction, are closing until further notice. This includes:
- The Clapham Grand
- Battersea Arts Centre
- TK Maxx
We will continue to use this platform to keep you updated on all recent developments in our business community and beyond.
You might also like
Open Businesses in Clapham Junction
A big shout out to our amazing businesses in Clapham Junction.
10% Off Takeaway and Delivery Orders
You can now order delicious dishes to takeaway or book a delivery of…